Symantec 10.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symantec 10.1

Is there anyway to change Managing server from the client PC.(without reinstalling Symantec) I had origianly one server set up, but now that server died and I have abother server that managing Syamntec.
    Thanks

Re: Symantec 10.1

Sorry but can you repeat the question in such a way that it can be understood. Maybe it's because I have had a long day but I do not know what you are trying to do or how. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It's not an easy task, it might be easier to "re-push" the client from the new master server.

Comment

Thanks Joe, now I see. Install the client on one PC. The using a script copy the new client's GRC.DAT file to all the other workstations and also script the service to stop and restart. All should now be pointing to the new Master A/V server.

Alternatively, use the Symantec System Console, Tools, ClientRemote install tool and push a new installation out to each workstation.

Depending on your licence, I would also consider upgrading to SAV 10.2 while you are doing all this. Also suggest disabling Network Scanning as it play merry hell with database querys across the network and slows down the Mandatory/Roaming profiles. Best option, get rid of SAV at the earliest opportunity.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X