Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What D2D disk imaging software do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What D2D disk imaging software do you use?

Im just doing a bit of hunting for another disk imaging solution for my work. Currently we are using .

Symantec Live State Recovery

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/en...2005.en-us.pdf

&

Acronis Echo Enterprise Server.

http://www.acronis.com.au/enterprise/products/ATIES/

However, we have a few little niggling problems that seem to afflict us with both products to the point now where we have missed some backups here & there & cant afford to keep doing so. We would like to check out some other D2D imaging software that is recommended & reliable in a business environment.

What do you use or recommend?

Re: What D2D disk imaging software do you use?

Is this for a backup solution or a disk imaging solution? You mention both in the post. If imaging, I have used always Ghost due to the environment I work(ed) in. There are a plethera of switches that may accomodate you.

Never used Acronis but a colleague does and he has the same problems with it as I do with Ghost, none, sorry.

What sort of problems do you seem to be having?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What sort of problems do you seem to be having?
      Acronis
      • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1">Scheduling problems – how to create a schedule that creates for example a base on the second of each month, incrementals at 9pm Monday – Friday, and keeps 2 bases before overwriting the oldest.
      • Sometimes (and it happens on the same servers all the time, but occasionally on others) the scheduled backup just doesn’t run. No error. And it is always just one drive – ie. Z drive on xxx server never runs – I always come in in the morning and run it manually and it runs fine. Other drives work on schedule.

Symantec
      • It’s really reliable, but it does have problems on some server like where I just can’t get it to work. It’s installed properly, but when I go to open a backup, it gives the error: Error EBAB03EA: Internal Application Error: Memory Access Violation c0000005: Application tried to write memory at 00a2dl0. The backups themselves are not corrupt as they can be opened from other servers.
      I have used always Ghost

What version? Is this just for deslktops etc? Or an Enterprise solution where you can disk image & backup?

Is this for a backup solution or a disk imaging solution?

Both. Acronis & Symantec do both of those things.

Comment

Ghost, corporate version, I use for images. For backups I use backup software that is appropriate to requirements. NTBackup is more than adequate for what I use it for.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X