Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Required - Deletion of Ex-Users

Hi,

I am currently putting together a process for deletion of ex users on our corporate environment and I am trying to think of possible problems that may arise when deleting ex-employee's accounts.

At current, the main think I am thinking of is if another (still working) employee has access to the mailbox and/or home directory of an ex-user, then we will need to ensure that we have a solution in place to accommodate them.

Are there any other obvious issues that I am missing here?

My brain is in shut down mode at the moment and can't think of anything else!

Cheers.

Re: Advice Required - Deletion of Ex-Users

Disable the users accounts you want to delete & wait a week & see if any issue arises.

Maybe set maibox settings to keep deleted mailbox for 300 days or something.

If all else fails, just use "exmerge" & export the mailbox to a pst for archival or importing into someone elses mailbox. IF some one is sharing an inbox of a potential deleted user, then give the remaining member an alias of the account who is being deleted before you delete them so no mail is missed, or create a exchange contact with mail rights.

If its home directories your worried about, deleting the AD account isnt going to delete their profile & everything in it. If group policy is sending my docs or profile somewhere else, just make sure the home folder is backed up all the time or archived.

Comment

Re: Advice Required - Deletion of Ex-Users

Originally posted by mobius2011 View Post
      Disable the users accounts you want to delete & wait a week & see if any issue arises.

Maybe set maibox settings to keep deleted mailbox for 300 days or something.

If all else fails, just use "exmerge" & export the mailbox to a pst for archival or importing into someone elses mailbox. IF some one is sharing an inbox of a potential deleted user, then give the remaining member an alias of the account who is being deleted before you delete them so no mail is missed, or create a exchange contact with mail rights.

If its home directories your worried about, deleting the AD account isnt going to delete their profile & everything in it. If group policy is sending my docs or profile somewhere else, just make sure the home folder is backed up all the time or archived.
      Cheers for the reply mobius.

The accounts we are going to be deleting are already disabled and have been for some time, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X