X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2003 time restrictions

hello guys!!!!!

i'm new to the site,,just joined..

however i have a problem which i need urgent assistance....i'm running exchange server 2003 on windows server 2000 and connecting to the outside world usiung linux...i would like to a group of users to access internet at specific times during the day e.g. betwwen 1300 - 1400 hrs and at 1600 - 1700hrs. then another group that will have full access.. what do i need to do on the exchange server to block internet access to particular group of usersd???

Re: Exchange Server 2003 time restrictions

Thread moved and title changed.

Please read the forum rules http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=12
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

What does internet access have to do with your email server?
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Rules are great'n'all, but where did this thread end up?

Comment

And the relevance of that is?

btw, the thread ended up in the Misc forum, where it will stay until the OP comes back with any more info
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by mojekit View Post
            connecting to the outside world usiung linux
            Install a proxy server on your gateway. Not overly sure how/why you would want to tie this in to Exchange?
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              Install a proxy server on your gateway. Not overly sure how/why you would want to tie this in to Exchange?
              I think mention of Exchange is a red herring
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Most likely, but I've seen all sorts of weird setups in my time. At a school I used to work at, we ran ISA 2004 on Server 2003 as the proxy and MDaemon Pro (resists temptation to rant) for email. When the school first opened they brought a firm in to provide all the servers and computers and set everything up.

First off, two domains? Why? One for staff, one for students. All users for a domain in a single OU, all computers for a domain (including member servers and the domain controller in a single OU. No group policies other than the default domain policy. Separate forests, no trust. Dedicated proxy and email system for each domain.

More importantly, whenever MDaemon crashed, it took ISA down as well. On a different physical server.

Stop me if I start rambling it is *somehow* possible to get your proxy and email servers reliant on each other, but I wouldn't recommend it.
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Wow, I feel like I'm reading a totally different thread from the 'post has been moved, question but no answer' thread I was looking at moments ago. Ta for the info on the Misc forum. That was the relevant info.

Just to clarify what I came here looking for - it wasn't especially tech, just time-saving. 'Logon Hours' under AD Users & Computers 'Account' does the trick. I know it's different to the OP's question, but perhaps that whole exchange association dealie is a mangled premise (as alluded to in subsequent (recent) posts).

On the other hand, time-restricting groups of users is prob something I'll refer to the 'misc' thread in future if and when it's needed thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X