RAM upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM upgrade

I want to increase the RAM on one of my machines from 512 MB to 1 GB and would like to know if the one I am about to buy will work fine with the already present memory.
    Maybe soneone here knows. What's currently inside the machine is this:

1x 512 MB module from NANYA
    there is a sticker on it which reads the following info:

NT512D64S8HABG-6
    512 MB DDR - 333 MHz CL 2.5
    PC2700U - 25330
    0240 BF5231842

what i am thinking of buying is this:

Corsair (Corsair 512 MB Value Select PC2700 D)
    VS512MB333
    512 MB
    333 MHz
    DDR
    PC2700
    64Mx64
    184 pins
    modules 1 x

the specs look the same. what gives me pause is the "D" in the label "Corsair 512 MB Value Select PC2700 D".
    the module i already have reads "PC 2700 U".
    is there any difference between "D" and "U" or is it just vendor-specific labeling?

thx :P
    Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Well too sure what the D and the U mean and i wouldn't like to guess either. The most important thing ive found when choosing ram (apart from getting the speed the same, voltage, frequency etc..) is that what your motherboard slots take. Mine for example will only take either 2 double sided memory slots or 1 double sided and 2 single sided. Something to check i think.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Why not just buy a matching pair and put the NANYA module into another PC needing an upgrade.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Good idea biggles, thats what i would do and maybe but the other stick on eBay.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X