Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red circle on Data flow task in SSIS - What is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red circle on Data flow task in SSIS - What is it?

This one has me stumped.
    Running SQL Server 2005 on Win2003
    On the image attached below you will see a red dot on the data flow task. It appeared after an import. The package however is working just fine. None of my other task have red dot.

Any ideas?
    How do you Google an image?

Note this is not the "red circle with a white x", as noted sometimes, that's not related.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lior_S; 6th August 2008, 23:33.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Re: Red circle on Data flow task in SSIS - What is it?

Figured it out, its a breakpoint. I must have set one my mistake.

Back to work.
    Attached Files
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      How do you Google an image?
      Lior_S, not sure if that's what you mean but
      Google Images would do that!
      http://images.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=...20in%20SSIS%20
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Not sure how familiar you are with SSIS, but normally a task does not have a red dot/circle. Its showed up on mine, I had no idea what it was called so there was no way to search for it. Google images just displays images related to a search term, I was missing that term.....Breakpoints.

I did figure it out though.....and now this post in #1 on Google for "SSIS task red dot"

Comment

Google is pretty smart, now I get results about a red dot indicating a breakpoint is set.

Comment

"I have probably misunderstood what you said"

I am not familiar with SSIS at all so, I was only referring to the google image search.
            This is going off target....
            I think that when Google searches for images it analyses the text adjacent to where the image is.
            So providing a similar problem as yours or a solution to it has been published on the web and google does exactly what it says on the tin, some half decent results might come back.

Eg.

This search:http://images.google.co.uk/images?um...=Search+Images
            Returned a similar screenshot as yours (Fifth one).

Cheers
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X