Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS TechNet Subscription sign on problem

Hello,
    Does anyone else have this problem? I cannot sign in using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 to the TechNet Subscription that I have. This happens on every computer that I try to use, XP Pro, Windows Server 2003, etc.
    If I go to the TechNet home page and click on most of the categories, especially Downloads and Product Keys, in the My TechNet Subscription box, either the page remains blank, or a problem with Windows Live ID appears.
    Only at odd times does this not happen.

Now, using FireFox 2 or 3 this never happens. I can access everything. I do have to install Microsoft File Transfer Manager, but when that's done, everything that I have subscribed to and wish to download is available.

What a mess, and I can find no apparent security problem, or anything else that has changed to stop me using IE. This has occurred well past the last update Tuesday, so it has nothing to do with that.

Any ideas?
    Regards,
    Paul
    Last edited by dickins_paul; 4th August 2008, 15:58. Reason: Additional information

Re: MS TechNet Subscription sign on problem

Have you reported it to Microsoft?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,
      Yes, I have, but no reply so far.
      Just like Starbucks, where the exposed food tray, refrigerated, has had complaints from me regarding little children, accompanied by indifferent adults, abusing it (several instances), with no response.
      Here is a view of the error message: go to the bottom of the page: http://mattoid.com/data/Life/TimeLin..._line_2008.htm
      Regards,
      Paul
      Last edited by dickins_paul; 4th August 2008, 21:46. Reason: addition of URL

Comment

Hello,
        Fixed the problem after it spread to FireFox.
        Sign out, sign in and try again. If it doesn't work, repeat until it does.
        Simple but frustrating.
        Regards,
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X