New SATA HDD on Raid Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SATA HDD on Raid Setup

Hey guys. I've got a Acer server with a SATA Raid setup which works fine but ive wanted to install another SATA HDD thats not on the raid.

I've installed the new SATA HDD with good cables installed on the server but the OS does not recogonize the drive, not even in Disk Management.

Also the networking drops out when the new drive is plugged in and when i unplug it the networking works again?? Wierd i thought.

The main Raid is setup on a seperate controller but the onboard controller in still enabled. I've tryed pluging it in every slot available on card and board but still nothing.

Help!! Dave.

Re: New SATA HDD on Raid Setup

Not familiar with acer, but check your BIOS settings, if like Intel mobo's then there are several options for the way you configure SATA in the BIOS. Even to the point of making it emulate legacy IDE drives.
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Originally posted by Ganador View Post
      Hey guys. I've got a Acer server with a SATA Raid setup which works fine but ive wanted to install another SATA HDD thats not on the raid.

I've installed the new SATA HDD with good cables installed on the server but the OS does not recogonize the drive, not even in Disk Management.

Also the networking drops out when the new drive is plugged in and when i unplug it the networking works again?? Wierd i thought.

The main Raid is setup on a seperate controller but the onboard controller in still enabled. I've tryed pluging it in every slot available on card and board but still nothing.

Help!! Dave.
      Does the BIOS detect the harddisk ?
      Have you installed the drivers for the SATA controller ?

Comment

Yes SATA controller drivers are installed cause there are hard drives working on it. I have tryed to configure the bios for this but to no avail.

PS, sorry about the late reply.

Comment

does the new drive work in any other machine?
          ________
          Vaporizer.org
          Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 19:00.
          Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Server model and RAID Controller model?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X