Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Robotical Tape drives

hi,
    I am new to robotical tape drives and it was my first time using backup exec. I inserted tapes into tape drive , went into media section of backup exec and defined my own media set with ower write and append properties. Then I created inventory of tape drive by clicking each slot of tape drive and then inventory. Create my backup policy and execute one.
    Now I am wondering what to do next . What I want to ask that when backup job will finish how I am going to recognise which tape backup exec saved data. My Drive is full of tapes and where the backup data is how I will come to know.
    Please if any one here can help me in configuring backup exec for back up and recovery

Re: Using Robotical Tape drives

Hi, Abdullah.
    What version of BackupExec are you using?
    Could you post a screenshot of the Media and Device tabs from BackupExec?

10nx.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I am using backup exec version 10d. I have created my media set. It contains 5 tapes but I am not sure where my jobs are saving.

Comment

Those screenshots will be nice...
        What autoloader are you using?
        What I did when I used autoloader was to define drive pools (if I remember right) on specific tapes, and I backed up the data by that specific location. So I always new where my data was.
        You can also check the log of the backup job, you should see there on what tape the data was written. If not, then drive pool should be the solution.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Thanks for your help sorinso
          I found the problem. The symantec latest update is not fully compatiable with Windows 2000. it works fine with windows 2003 servers. Due to the update, my Robitical tape drive was doing funny things and made me crazy

Comment

Cool.
            I am glad you solved the problem.
            BTW, you did not say anything about your OS or that the autoloader is giving you hard times... Anyway, thank you for updating the forum...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
            X