recover orginal computer administrator name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recover orginal computer administrator name

I did a bad thing. I created a [new] computor administrator named Dick. then I deleted the old one named Administrator. as you would know I now have a brand new desktop. I tried to recover the original computer administrator named [administrator ] but the message is [there is already a name adninistrator pick another name] IS THERE ANY WAY in the register to regain the original so I can get all my info back on the desktop like is was before I did this dumb think. I can see all the folders that were on the desk top but the system will not let me copy or move the back to their orginal desk top.
    your help would be appreciated if possible I am running xp w/sp2 installed
    thanks Dick

Well you can point your new user at the old profile, which once you log off then on everything should look like it did before your mishap. This is a multi step fix... read this article. It gives you instructions on how to redirect a user account to a different profile.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBE/tip2200/rh2240.htm

If you don't redirect the profile you're going to sift and copying a lot of data. I suggest the redirect.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

does not work or I am doing it wrong

Andrew, I followed the program as far as being able to see the name [administrator] which was the original administator in control of computer. I has only one head the rest have 2. I have done this and that but it never will inherit when you click OK--down hill from there. BTW it will not let me create another local user named Administrator- or am I read it wrong? thanks for trying to help me I sure hate to format and start all over but if I do I do, Dick P.S. the article reads like there are 2 computers involved her again, am I mis reading?

Comment

http://petri.co.il/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=2550&

Andrew, I followed the program as far as being able to see the name [administrator] which was the original administator in control of computer. I has only one head the rest have 2. I have done this and that but it never will inherit when you click OK--down hill from there. BTW it will not let me create another local user named Administrator- or am I read it wrong? thanks for trying to help me I sure hate to format and start all over but if I do I do, Dick P.S. the article reads like there are 2 computers involved her again, am I mis reading?

Comment

Working...
        X