SQL Login Screen !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Login Screen !

Does anyone know how to clear the ‘Server 2’ entry from this screen I attach. Is there any Windows Registry Tweak or it should be done on SQL Server itself?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: SQL Login Screen !

is there a server2 on your network?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Yes, Server2 was an old server which doesn't exist anymore, so I'd like to clear the entry. Do you know what to do to clear it?
      Thanks

Comment

I dont have access to SQL Manager but can you not highlight the entry and hit delete. This works on the Citrix Management Console. Failing that, it should be in the registry somewhere

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

No, it deletes when you delete it but keeps it in the drop down list. Any other ideas?

Comment

Try in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Client\PrefServers

Comment

Although you'll probably find what you're looking for in joeqwerty's suggested Reg key, I have to ask: have you tried looking for the SERVER2 value in the Registry? You probably would have get few results, but one of them should have been the right one....

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
              In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -
              «««««

Comment

Yes I did found couple of entries in the registry and I deleted 'em. It still shows up in the drop down list. One thing to mention, I didn't restarted the SQL services or the server itself. It'll reboot tonight, so I'll check in later if these entries are gone. Let say if they are still not cleared; do you have any other ideas?
                Thanks

Joeqwerty:
                This registry key is not there. If you see in the screen shot, I've SQL2005 not SQL 2000..... \80 is for SQL Server 2000 and \90 is for SQL Server2005
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Client\PrefServers
                Last edited by samdazz; 23rd May 2008, 21:40.

Comment

I found that these entries were in Server Registration panel. I cleared them from there but it didn't helped either.

Please post any other suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Any other guru is around?

Comment

I'm out of options, please post some other suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Have a look here:

http://stevenharman.net/blog/archive...vers_List.aspx

Comment

Thanks a bunch Joeqwerty, I'll do it and will post the results.

Comment

It worked, Thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
                            X