How can we modify A SharePoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we modify A SharePoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name

I have Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 installed in our office. Recently I have deployed Symantec Backup Exec 11d with Microsoft SharePoint agent option. I have configured the backup job and got the error ďA Sharepoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name containing a space will cause backup failure with meta data errorsĒ the Symantec reference document is available at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/297111.htm
    I havenít found any solution related to this problem, how we can solve this issue without having any kind of trouble.
    Our SharePoint server is critical one and donít want to do any kind of experiment on it at the same time backup is critical as well. Please help me out. Thanks

Re: How can we modify A SharePoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name

Moved to Misc forum for better response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How can we modify A SharePoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name

Originally posted by Mohammd Irfan View Post
      I have Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 installed in our office. Recently I have deployed Symantec Backup Exec 11d with Microsoft SharePoint agent option. I have configured the backup job and got the error “A Sharepoint farm with a Shared Service Provider name containing a space will cause backup failure with meta data errors” the Symantec reference document is available at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/297111.htm
      I haven’t found any solution related to this problem, how we can solve this issue without having any kind of trouble.
      Our SharePoint server is critical one and don’t want to do any kind of experiment on it at the same time backup is critical as well. Please help me out. Thanks

Rename the SSP? Go to Shared Services Administration, click your SSP and select Edit, you'll see a SSP Name field...

or upgrade to Backup Exec 12.

Comment

Working...
      X