Cost to setup domain controller and exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to setup domain controller and exchange

I have a client that is looking to have a domain controller setup using Windows server 2003 standard and Exchange Server installed. They have 9 client machines that will connect to the network and they already have the server. I was wondering what price would typically be charged for this type of job.

Thanks

Re: Cost to setup domain controller and exchange

Have you explored SBS (Small Business Server)?
    9 users on Server standard is overkill, and more expensive.

Now back to your question, if you are starting with a clean slate then the time to setup is much less that if you have to migrate of an existing environment. Then there is the complexities and nuances of each business that must be factored in. So really there is no way to answer that with a number. That is the job of the salesman (you) to figure out.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

They already have a server with server 2003 standard and there is the posibility they may tie in as a subdomain of another domain later on. I guess I could sell them SBS and then purchase the transition pack later when they join the other domain. Something to ponder.

Well, if there is no way to answer it with a number, can anyone tell me what they typically charge per hour for this type of work?

Comment

I ususally charge US $100.00 per hour for any kind of server or network consulting (servers, firewalls, routers, etc.) and US $75.00 per hour for any kind of workstation or printer work.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          I ususally charge US $100.00 per hour for any kind of server or network consulting (servers, firewalls, routers, etc.) and US $75.00 per hour for any kind of workstation or printer work.
          hmm, interesting I never even though of charging different rates for different work, but now that I think about it, I will. Thanks for that.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

YW. My reasoning is that workstations and printers are ususally less critical to a business and are usually easier to set up and repair so I charge less for those. The customer also doesn't feel like I'm "slamming" them with a single, fixed rate for everything.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Now I have a starting point to work with.

Comment

I am employed and my employer asks 120€ an hour for Network/server related issue's and 75€ an hour for desktop related issues. Consulting goes at about 800€ a day.
                [Powershell]
                Start-DayDream
                Set-Location Malibu Beach
                Get-Drink
                Lay-Back
                Start-Sleep
                Wake-Up!
                Resume-Service
                Write-Warning
                [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment