Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help accessing a disk that shows in Disk Man, not in Explorer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help accessing a disk that shows in Disk Man, not in Explorer...

I have a hard drive from a laptop that was working fine the last time it was running 3 weeks ago. The power input on the laptop's motherboard is busted and the battery is dead. I just want to get the data off the disk so i plugged it into an external enclosure. It spins up, but does not show up in Windows Explorer. It does show up in Disk management though. I have tried jumper settings, but with no luck.

Do you guys have anymore suggestions on accessing this disk and copying the data off.

See Disk manager below.

Re: Need help accessing a disk that shows in Disk Man, not in Explorer...

Right click the disk in disk management and select "change drive letter and paths" and assign a drive letter to the drive. It should then show up in Windows Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Right click the disk in disk management and select "change drive letter and paths" and assign a drive letter to the drive. It should then show up in Windows Explorer.
      Tried that. I forgot to mention that I don't have the typical options there. All I have is delete partition and all the other stuff is grayed out.

Comment

Possibly?
        http://www.geek.com/forums/topic.php?id=22071&page

or
        http://www.hellboundhackers.org/foru...3-11128_0.html

or I did see some comments about goback if that was installed?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Please provide some more details:
          - what OS was installed on the laptop?
          - to what kind of machine have you connected the hard disk and what OS it is running?
          - are you logged in with an user that has administrative rights?
          - are you in an AD environment, or workgroup?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X