No announcement yet.

AVG Anti Virus and Anti-Spyware

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG Anti Virus and Anti-Spyware

Still new at this admin thing. Running SBS 2k and I am fairly certain ISA 2k

I downloaded and installed said malware removal tools, when I tried to run the update, the ISA server kept denying it.

I went to the server and changed several protocols at a time, then back if it didn't work. And also added some (forgive me, major headache right now)

But now, the Anti Virus will connect through the ISA and download updates perfectly, but the Anti Spyware will still not connect, I've checked, re-checked and checked again my proxy, port and server settings and still not working. No matter what I seem to change in the ISA settings I can't get it to work.

Anyone help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by tmsadmin; 22nd April 2008, 20:56.

Re: AVG Anti Virus and Anti-Spyware

Don't worry about it. I figured it out...

configured the client protocol with the correct range of IPs for client address set and set the protocol rule to look for the client set and it works like a charm now. I know this probably entry level stuff for most of you but hope this helps others like me

Good job figuring it out ny yourself and thanks for posting back with your solution. We appreciate that sort of Community Spirit here.

Just remember that with PCs, we all had to learn to crawl before we could walk (and at some stage we all get to crawl again when new software is released).
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

are you talking about the free AVG products? because those are not free to use in a corporate environment (had BSA smack me over the head for this when I was working in Israel)
        Buy grinders
        Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:35.
        Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+