Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant burn 900 nega cd

Hi,
    I am having difficulties burning 900 mega cd.
    I have a SONY CD-RW CRX185E1
    and nero 6.3.03
    The cd capacity shows only 648 mega and i cant burn more than that.
    Thanks,
    Yossi

I asume you mean 900mb. Well a Nero is correct in saying you cant't burn anymore than 648mb because that is about the limit of a CD-R or CD-RW. You need to be looking at a DVD Writer for more than this.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi again,
      I tried tu burn again with an lg dvd writer with no results.....
      Anybody got another idea?
      Thanks,
      Yossi

Comment

Eh??!! You tried to burn 900mb onto a DVD using a DVD writer and it didn't work??!! What was the error message?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Does your version of Nero support and see the disc as a DVD, if it's only seeing the disc as CDR, then it will only allow 700 or 800mb (depending on the CDR in the drive.

I had this problem a little while ago, the drive wasn't picking up the DVDR properly, and throught it was a CDR, but after a firmware upgrade (USE CAUTION FOR FIRMWARE UPGRADES) it was fine...

B.

Disclaimer: If you are performing a firmware upgrade on ANYTHING and dont know what your doing, or are not 100% sure about the instructions you are following STOP RIGHT NOW before you screw the drive up.

Comment

Hi again,
            The cdr sees both, but i cant burn.
            The question is what can i do so it will extend its burning capability over 700 megabyte.
            Thanks,
            Yossi

Comment

Nero Buring Rom -> Preferences -> Expert Features:

700 MB = 80 min
              800 MB = 90 min
              900 MB = 100 min

Choose DAO (not TAO).

Only works if your burner supports overburning. Not all of them do. Which is where a firmware update may help you out.
              make xp behave:

Comment

99 % of cdr's made in the last year support 900mb, i used nero 6.6 last on 900mbs, i extended the overburn , that red line, on the express version, on the third screen where it shows your files and gives a red marker, press on MORE then CONFIGURE, u ll see it.

Comment

Working...
                X