• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddr2 memory

while serching supliers, I got 2 price offersfor Kingston memory:
    1) ddr2 1024 mb 667mhz CL 5 for 87 ns
    2) Ki ddr2 512 mb 400mhz cl 2.5 for 178 ns
    Can you tell me why the faster and bigger memory is so much cheaper and if the 667mhz is good for my 800 mhz mobo
    thnks

Re: ddr2 memory

The price issue results from what is called "request-offer balance". When a component is new, it's "hot" and its price is high. As time passes by, it becomes a standard. So older components are manufactured in smaller quantities (if at all), so they become more expensive. The 400MHz chip is considered "vintage" in matter of memory speed. And the chip holds smaller memory. So people need/want/buy it less, that's why is manufactured less and thus is more expensive.
    To know exactly what device your mobo support, look at its user manual.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Go to Kingston's website and there's a compatibility tool in the upper right hand corner. That should help you as well.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
        The price issue results from what is called "request-offer balance". When a component is new, it's "hot" and its price is high. As time passes by, it becomes a standard. So older components are manufactured in smaller quantities (if at all), so they become more expensive.
        To prove this, look at the price of DDR3 right now. Not something I will be purchasing in the near future.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Tnks.........

Comment

Working...
          X