In QuickBooks, do you change read only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In QuickBooks, do you change read only

In QuickBooks, do you change read only the same way that you do for a word .doc or how do you do this? Thanks
    Certificate in Network Administration
    Microsoft IT Academy

I don't understand your question. Could you elaberate on what you are trying to achieve.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I had to Format a clients machine

I had to Format a clients machine. She asked me to back-up her QuickBooks files, I burned them to CD and returned everything to her. She went to put the files back in the intuit folder and was unable to, she said they were read only
      Certificate in Network Administration
      Microsoft IT Academy

Comment

A CD is a READ ONLY media. When you copied the files back to the QuickBooks folder they were left as READ ONLY. Using Windows Explorer, go to the QuickBooks folder (C:\Program Files\Intuit
        QuickBooks) highlight all the files in the folder, right click on them, left click Properties then remove the READ ONLY option. Click OK.

Any problems, post back.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If you ran the Quickbooks backup utility, the files are saved in a Quickbooks format. What you need to do is open Quickbooks and go under File/Restore and then navigate to the CD and pick off the backup files.

Comment

Re: In QuickBooks, do you change read only

Recently came across this online backup for Quicken and QuickBooks files. It does automatic real time backup of your QuickBooks files without your intervention. Whenever you update your QuickBooks this application will automatically backup the modified portions of your files to your online backup account.

Next time, in case if you are in trouble with your system, then all you need to do is just simply restore your QuickBooks files from your online backup account. Thus you are ensured with your data with optimal security.

Comment

Working...
            X