RDC and printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDC and printing

When I connect via RDC to my home computer I can't print. I am trying to print something that is on my desktop at home using a printer here. But I don;t see an office printer It onl;y showiing me local printers at my house. When I created RDC connection I went to options and selected Local Resources, printer (check mark)
    AM I doing something wrong ?
    Thanks

Re: RDC and printing

You will need appropriate drivers for the office printers installed on your home PC
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Check the event logs on your home pc. Is it complaining that it can not find the printer drivers?
      Jake G

Former Microsoft MVP - IIS ('02-'06)

Comment

How does that work?

How does the home PC find the printer at work?

Comment

Slightly, . Let's be careful not to hijack the original poster's thread.

Originally posted by Mudd View Post
          How does that work?

How does the home PC find the printer at work?
          On the "Local Resources" tab of the Remote Desktop application, have a look at the "Local Devices and Resources" section. From there you can tweak local printers and the local clipboard to be attached to the remote machine.

Causes some amusement if the local printers option is not chosen and you end up sending multiple print jobs to a remote office printer.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Ohhh ri...ri...right.

Disregard.

Comment

Working...
            X