Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys NSS4000 permission problem

Hello,

As seen on picture I try username change permission.

I've got NAS drive in domain. I would like to one share (in this case LOGFILES) add only one user with read-write permission and denny all other user (so other users can't see what is inside folder). Problem is then what ever I tick I can't not set up priviledges ONLY FOR ONE USER - so I've tried without ticked any boxes.

I've tried add user from drop windows below SHARES ACCESS PRIVILEDGES, but when I add user like to read-write windows, and make update (what should make it work) then this user is "drop off" and act like without set permission or made any changes so it's not help.

Any one know how to set this permission for folder for one or two specific user from domain, on this nas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ryszon; 12th February 2008, 15:30.

Re: Linksys NSS4000 permission problem

What does the User Manual say to do?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello

manual quote
      following boxes. (The single angled bracket "<" or ">" moves the selection in the direction of the bracket. The double angled bracket "<<" or ">>" moves the entire list in the direction of the bracket.)
      •Read-Only Users: Usernames that appear in this list have read-only access to the share.
      •Read-Write Users: Usernames that appear in this list have read-write access to the share.
      So you wil try to add user window with READ-WRITE USERS, and aply this change. Problem is when you applied then user is not ther. So when you added him to permissions, you applied, but machine still is thinking that you did nothing with permissions, is thinking you did add nobody.

:/

BTW in manual there is no section with FAQ, and what to do when you have problems.

Comment

Found solution. So easy and I spend nearly two days for it :/

even when NAS in in domain.

After when you change permissions for first user, join to domain again. And that fixed problem. After this I could amend permissions for all users, groups and it is working

Comment

Working...
        X