MS Sync Toy Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Sync Toy Problems

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place for this but I don't see any where else to post this subject.

I have recently installed the MS free Utility called Sync Toy which , as its name suggests , is an Application which synchronises files and Folders between P.C's connected through a LAN.

This is not being supported by MS hence this post.

I have been trying to set up a synchronisation between my Eudora e-mail files between my laptop and desktop without success. Similarly e-mails generated using Outlook Express are not being synchronised either - in both cases , when I run the App I get an error message saying " Access denied ".

I won't go into any detailed description of the steps taken at the moment until I see whether anyone here indicates an interest in case this is not the appropriate newsgroup to discuss this.

Re: MS Sync Toy Problems

This is a good place for the post.

when I run the App I get an error message saying " Access denied ".
    do you get this error from the email client or from sync toy?

Are you syncing when either mail client is open?

That being said I am not even sure you can move around email files like that......
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      This is a good place for the post.

Ah , Thanks for the reply Lior_S.

do you get this error from the email client or from sync toy?

I get it from Sync Toy but , interestingly enough in view of your comment at the end of your post , if I try to just copy these e-mail files from one machine to the other in order to synchronise them that way , I find that I can't - I get the message " Access denied. Make sure files are not Read only ....etc"
      This is in spite of both the Folders in each machine having "Shares Enabled".

Are you syncing when either mail client is open?

No I wasn't . Both clients were shut down.

That being said I am not even sure you can move around email files like that......

It would seem that , from this experience , you're supposition here is correct.
      Is this a general impossibilty with e-mail files - is it not possible to synchronise these files between networked PC's ?

For information :- this attempt to synchronise e-mail files was done using Eudora with the files in the path C:\D&S\User Name\App Data\Qualcomn\Eudora\ in both machines

Comment

The access denied may simply be a permission issue, even if you have the folders shared.

In any case I still doubt that it will ever work.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X