Endpoint Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endpoint Protection

I have a client whos just purchased new licences. I need to install these into Endpoint Protection. My issue is I just cannot find out anywhere how I can do this.

Any pointers?
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Re: Endpoint Protection

I apologize in front. My replies are usually better than this...
    The only direction I can point you to is to the forum rules, especially paragraphs 4 and 5...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Im not sure how I am supposed to elaborate on this question but I will give it a try.

I have one customer who has Symantec Endpoint Protection installed. They have just updated their yearly subscription to get updates. This is provided to the customer via a Certificate. The number on the certificate can be used on Symantec's site to obtain a licence file which is supposed to be installed on the server which obviously tells the server it can download updates until this given expiry date on the licence.

My question is where do I install this licence into Endpoint Protection as there is no documentation I can find anywhere on how to achieve this.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Symantec support s***s !!!
        That's the worst support site I have ever encountered. It took an hour to find something (even using their own searches did not return relevant results!!) and I am not sure I found what you need.
        First, there is this article: Does Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 require a license file? What in the world does that mean? I have no idea...
        Nevertheless, there is this article: License files required in ... . Maybe this can be sort of a clue to where the license file should be...
        It took ages to find the Endpoint Protection Documentation, but couldn't find anything of any help in there... Unless I am not looking for the right product/version/something...
        Have you tried contacting your local Symantec representative?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          Symantec support s***s !!!
          I rang their technical support line. After 55 minutes of being on hold and not speaking to a single support representative I gave up.

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          Have you tried contacting your local Symantec representative?
          As above.

Their site is very poor. I have lost alot of confidence in Symantec products recently. So much so I moved our recommendations for AntiVirus to Sophos which in comparison is far superior.

Comment

Working...
          X