No announcement yet.

Search Engines

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engines

I was trying to find a review on something (as it happens an Intel SE7500WV2 motherboard) and, searching on Google, all I got was page after page of supersites (sites like Bizrate, Shopping, Ciao, Kelkoo and dozens more) and I surely can't be the first to feel this way but I am so hacked off with them as they make searching (at least with Google) nearly useless. Maybe it's the kind of things I search for or maybe what I think is (and I apologise in advance because I can't think of any less insulting a way to phrase it) an increasing technically illiterate internet userbase but I would love to know if there is any way around them, to somehow drop these sites from my searches?

EDIT: Right now if anyone knows of a decent, relatively supersite-free, search engine I'd use it!

Last edited by Kyuuketsuki; 29th January 2008, 14:25.
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: Search Engines

I don't understand your post. I searched for Intel SE7500WV2 and this is what the results were.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Search Engines

I don't have an answer to your question. Nevertheless, I do want to share with some of my experience in using .
      Just writing the search string (if you happen to use few words, and not only one) will get you a lot of results you don't need. Especially when using a generic one, like "Intel SE7500WV2".
      A good thing is to use search operands and restriction rules. Take a look at the following Google Quick Reference .
      What I would use was a search string like this:
      SE7500WV2 review filetype:.pdf or this: SE7500WV2 +review filetype:.pdf [note: I added a dot before PDF, because :+P was translated to . If you copy&paste the string, loose the dot...].
      Another good thing is to go to the source, meaning to the manufacturer's site:

Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.