weird mouse prob with media center pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird mouse prob with media center pc

Hi. I have an unusual (for me anyway) problem with my optical mouse. I just bought a brand new HP Media Center PC (m1080n)….everything works great except that when I left click on the mouse to open a folder, it opens a search box instead…..so, to open folders I have to right click and hit “explore”…..i tried to research an answer online but came up empty……can anyone point me in the right direction?......any advice is appreciated…..thanks……….larry ( a confused and somewhat ignorant newbie)

Go into the Control Panel, Printers and other hardware (or Mouse if in Classic View), Mouse, then possibly the Buttons tab and change the left and right buttons. The may also be a radio button that will allow you to change it back to a "Left Handed Mouse". At the moment it is set for someone who is left hand dominant.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

switching left for right

thanks but each of the buttons operates as it should EXCEPT for the SEARCH option being the default setting on right click....not sure how switching them could help..... but i will give it a shot when i get home to my computer (i'm at work) and let you know if anything happened.......thanks for the suggestion .......larry

Comment

Sorry, misread your post a bit. It still looks like the button functions have been changed. When you look in the Mouse applet you should have a better idea of what I am refering to.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X