Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best training videos

Hi all,

Which is the best windows server training videos.

CBT nugget or trainsignal

Re: Best training videos

Well, that's a very unpolitically-correct question, given the fact that this site is closely collaborating with TrainSignal. Part of the gifts an MVM gets are from TrainSignal.
    As one that has seen both, I like TrainSignal more. But I know some people who think otherwise...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I have more experience of TrainSignal (thanks, guys!) and like it, but I have seen some good nuggets as well

If you can afford both, why not go for it
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Train Signal tutorials are the best I have ever used. I often find myself asking the Instructor a question as it feels like he is in the room with me. They also have a free online training site Train Signal Training that is well worth a look.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I recently purchased the complete set of training cds from www.testout.com

They cover A+, N+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, CISSP, SSCP, MCTS, MCSE/MCSA, CCNA. The MS track goes through Server 2003 R2 and Excahnge 2007.

Retail the complete sets goes for just under $2000.00, but if you can find a discount code, you can get the set for $495.00

I had my compnay purchase a set for myself and I love it. I found myself bounding all over the cd's then realised I need to focus on one set, take the test, then do another. Right now I'm working on my Linux+

Chris
          Last edited by KnacK; 28th January 2008, 17:03.
          Chris

Comment

Comments no longer required
            Last edited by Stonelaughter; 28th January 2008, 17:34.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Sorry,

I guess I should clarify that. The "key" is not a reg or serial, it is a discount key. If you go to Testout's site and register for their mailing list sometimes they have an offer to drastically reduce the cost of the complete package. This is the "key" I was referring to.

Sorry for not making that clear up front.

[on edit]
              If you call Testout, tell them that you got this discount code, 10-1954A , from a friend in IT, and they will honor the $495.00 pricing.

See http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1409151&page=1 for others that have done the same.
              Last edited by KnacK; 28th January 2008, 17:03. Reason: Add more info
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by KnacK
                Retail the complete sets goes for just under $2000.00, but if you can find a key, you can get the set for $495.00
                Not sure I like the inference of the part I bolded in the above quote. Please post back real quick (like within 24 hours) with an explanation of what you mean by the bolded phrase. Failure to do so shall result in a response you will not like.

You have been given the 24 hour time frame because you are not a first time poster.

Thanks.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I corrected the post B.

I have to laugh at my first post. It sure does look like a crack is required to get that discount.

Thanks for wacking me with the 2x4 guys
                  Chris

Comment

Thanks for getting back so quick and clarifying that AND posting the discount key. It is appreciated.

After reading the amended thread, the part that scared me the most was Tom and I had quoted and bolded the same phrase. It is just like the bloody Twilight Zone but he posted faster. Freaky!!!!!
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Then I corrected my post while you were posting.

Gotta be a slow IT day.....

Back on topic:
                      If anyone is interested in that set, take a peek at the link over at Tek-Tips. Lots of satisfied people in the MS training group and CompTIA group.

I've been taking an hour an evening to review the Linux+ material. The instructors on teh videos are great and easy to watch and listen to.

Glad I could finally give something back here.
                      Chris

Comment

You may want to change the wording to "discount code" instead of key
                        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Good idea.

Done.
                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X