Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSA / ACE Agent not updating with new server replica details

Anyone know much about RSA ACE?

We have a Citrix CSG box in a DMZ which has the RSA ACE Authentication Agent 6.1 installed. We recently added a new replicate to the realm but the agent has not picked up the new replica. Instead of showing the 4 replica server (as the Authorisation Manager Console does) it only shows the original 3.

I would have thought the agent would automatically contact a replica to replicate any changes but this doesnt seem to be happening.

I have also read about an sdconf.rec file which looks like it holds the replica information but I can't seem to find a way to update this.

Anyone have any ideas?

All servers are windows 2003 SP0 (yes I know but aint my job at the moment )

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: RSA / ACE Agent not updating with new server replica details

Hi,

I have sent couple of docs to you on your mail ID as they were big in size and could not be uploaded here......

I am not sure if they fits your requirement but still have a look..

Regards,

[Links added by Biggles77, info supplied by Kapil Sharma. Be advised the link is fairly slow]

RSA Authentication Agent 6.1 for Microsoft Windows Installation and Administration Guide

RSA SecurID for Microsoft Windows Planning Guide 1.1
    Last edited by biggles77; 17th January 2008, 12:58. Reason: Add the RSA links
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Kapil,

Thanks for the info - I will check it out when it arrives and see if it help. I'll will post back

Thanks

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Kapil,

Very very much for the info (Have some rep points)

It's very useful but unfortunately did not help me in this situation.

Thanks

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Michael,

Can you or Biggles attach the files to this topic.
          I'm also quite interested and probably more to come
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

If they are too big to attach, I can host them. Michael if you still have my email address shoot them down to me.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Chris,

If you PM your email address I will sent it off today.

Problem resolved:

The sdconf.rec file has to be copied to a replica server and then you need to use RSA Authentication Manager Configuration Editor application to ammend the sdconf.rec file and the copy it back across to the authentication agent client PC and the reboot it to take up the new config.

Thanks

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X