No announcement yet.

Web Application Development

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Application Development

I'm looking to start learning how to use ASP and .NET framework to create web applications. I have almost NO knowledge of this, so does anyone recommend a good forum (like this one) that I should check out?
    They keep getting younger, don't they baby...

Compaq Presario PC: Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard / Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz / 1 gb RAM
    HP m7470n Media Center PC: Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.19 ghz / 2 gb RAM
    Toshiba Satellite M35 Special Edition: Windows XP Pro SP2 / Intel Pentium M 1.70 ghz / 1 gb RAM
    Gateway FMC-901 Media Center PC Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz / 512 mb RAM

Re: Web Application Development

there are plenty of sources that teach this topic. i dont know what is best... that is up to you.

here are some pages to get you started. this will explain the setup of the application directories and root directories...

Walkthrough: Creating an ASP.NET Web Application Root Directory with IIS 6.0

How to: Create and Configure Local ASP.NET Web Sites in IIS

here is the link to the M$ homepage. that would be a good place to start i suppose:
    and the forums are here:

good luck!
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...