Turning off USB detection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off USB detection

In my office whenver anyone inserts a USB into his system, a text file goes to admin giving the details.The person's email id is blocked and he has to send an email to umpteen peopl explaining why he inserted .Now thts baaaaaaaaad right?..we cant listen to songs,watch movies ,infact do anything because of this shit!!! So all ye people supporting freedom and rights tell me how to turn this thing off.....There shud be some way...............

Re: Turning off USB detection

Originally posted by daemon View Post
    In my office whenver anyone inserts a USB into his system, a text file goes to admin giving the details.The person's email id is blocked and he has to send an email to umpteen peopl explaining why he inserted .Now thts baaaaaaaaad right?..we cant listen to songs,watch movies ,infact do anything because of this shit!!! So all ye people supporting freedom and rights tell me how to turn this thing off.....There shud be some way...............
    It like that for a reason.

Ask your admin to turn it off as it will probably be something to do with a piece of software that stops people stealing intelectual property.

Oh BTW your meant to be at work to work.

Comment

cant ask them , offcourse to tell me the sftware..but cant we do something about the WM_DEVICECHANGE parameter.I think there is some tweaking to be done there...and yes i do work...dont find any harm in listening to some music while i do

Comment

cant ask them , offcourse to tell me the sftware..but cant we do something about the WM_DEVICECHANGE parameter.I think there is some tweaking to be done there...and yes i do work...dont find any harm in listening to some music while i do
        Noone on this site will assist you to get around restrictions placed by your employer. It is a firing offence at most companies and a criminal offence in some countries.

Originally posted by Maac
        I had install WSUS server but i am unable to get the security update i am using windows 2003 server for domain & client machine is using windows 2000
        Start a thread of your own. Read the Forum Rules.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

WSUS post split to System Management forum

Re USB Devices:
          As already said, corporate rules are there for a reason, not an inconvenience. If you dont like them, talk to management, who made them. If you dont like their answers, brush the dust off your CV....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Infosys Technologies Ltd was voted best employer in 2001 in your country and won Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises in 2003, 2004, 2005 so it can't be that bad a place to work.

Even if you did manage to bypass the USB problem so you can listen to music I am sure there will be a secondary level of security to detect the bypass.

While you don't find harm in listening to music, by opening up the USB to allow music to be played, you also open it up to allow files to be copied to the USB Flash device. I am sure they have a reason for this security so do not ask again how to bypass this restriction.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Play music via CDs or portable media player.

If they removed your USB access, it's a safe bet that they removed access to enable it

Long story short, listen to your tech staff or THIS will happen to you:
              http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hmmm...well u have a point..i was kinda pissed because i couldnt find a way to connect the usb cord to my mobile and transfer the songs..even tht was blocked....guess i have to find some other way then..anyways thanks..But dude..beats me how u found out where i work..really cool man

Comment

beats me how u found out where i work..really cool man

I hope you are not one of those people that think they are anonymous while browsing the web...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -

Comment

Working...
                  X