Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find computers that are not active... ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find computers that are not active... ???

im in the process of trying to clean up some of the computer accounts in my AD.

my helpdesk has a bad habit of not informing me that a computer has been removed for re-imaging or repairs...

so im trying to get a decent headcount on the active computers in my AD.

i can do this with users without a problem, as i am a little bit more familiar with the attributes associated with user accounts...

the "modified" date on the computer accounts in ADUC isnt reflective of the status of the computer...

how would i go about finding all the computers that have not had a logon within the last month, say?

i need client seats, and i have about 60 or 80 more than i have according to inventory... you dig? maybe a cross-reference of the DHCP scope active addresses to ADUC computer accounts or whatever... i dont want to have to ping 650 XP stations. ;(

any help is greatly appreciated.

come on REMS... i know you have something up that panda sleeve that could help me out.

thanks,
    James Haynes
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: Find computers that are not active... ???

Check out Oldcmp by Joe Richardson (http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/oldcmp/index.htm)

Command line Active Directory query tool. Primarily used to find and cleanup old computer accounts that haven't been used. Can also be used to clean up user accounts when the proper filter is specified.
    Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

like a pro...

thanks m80arm.

you just made my job a lot easier.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Glad to help!

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X