X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password reset (BIOS or so)

Hey...
    Notebook HP6910...

I want to enter the BIOS ... there'S a password (PW) demand. I don't know that pass...and I cannot reset it. I already disconnected the CMOS.

Aim is to install another OS but without success. In WIN I have no Admin rights and I canno install anything...that sucks sooooooooo hard.

Can anybody help me to reset the PW or just to make that piece of shit boot from CD ?????? ... (Or a crakc of the admin account hehe)

help miiiiii

(BTW it's mi fathers notebook and he lost all PW post its) ...

Re: Password reset (BIOS or so)

Does you Father know what you are trying to do to his laptop? I suggest you ask him for access to the machine as we will NOT supply you with any methods to hack the Administrator account.

Maybe he set you up with the least amount of permissions so you are unable to screw up his machine as it seems this is what you are wanting to do.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

he asked me to help him ! ^^

Comment

Then he will be able to supply you with the Administrator password for the laptop.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Then he will be able to supply you with the Administrator password for the laptop.
          (BTW it's mi fathers notebook and he lost all PW post its) ...
          as far as the BIOS password, you can usually reset it via removing the CMOS battery... if that doesnt fix it, then the next step is to get the specifics on the motherboard. these schematics will include a jumper location that is used to reset the BIOS password.

the passwords are sometimes stored on an EPROM that retains the password regardless of the CMOS battery.

check out this page to see if any of these fixes work for your fathers laptop:

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Being a HP notebook, their POSTs will give you an option to boot from CD (i think its f10 or f11 from memory)

HP notebooks are *typically* set to boot from CD first in the bios anyway.

Being a notebook, its a little hard to reset the bios via the motherboard, as you would have to take the thing completely apart - which I DON'T suggest lightly, I would go to your nearest HP service center and get those boys (or girls) to do it

I worked at a HP repair center and it takes about an hour and a half to fully disassemble and reassemble a HP notebook, depending on the model. Most are identical, but the smaller Compac / HPs are nasty little beggars due to the complexity of the screw arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
              Being a HP notebook, their POSTs will give you an option to boot from CD (i think its f10 or f11 from memory)
              Some laptops use F12.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

my HP (compaq nx9600) used to make you push ESC to access the boot menu.
                its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
                Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Not that I believe that is still relevant for the OP after two weeks, but for future reference:
                  The key to enter the setup in this notebook is F10: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/d.../c01050905.pdf (page 7).
                  Generally speaking, the HP6910 documentation is available here.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -

Comment

Gee, I do wish all laptop manufacturers would standardise the BIOS key & the keyboard layout. Drives me up the wall and I don't have a wall license.

Thanks for that information Sorin, but I suppose it is just logical for you Vulcans.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the BIOS hotkeys, boot options, etc. are a function of the BIOS manufacturer (Phoenix, etc.) and not the computer manufacturer.

Comment

Ah, the word keyboard was mentioned in the post as well. Also if the manufacturers insisted then the access keystroke could all be the same.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                        X