ultra vnc drops connection when vpn is connected to office computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra vnc drops connection when vpn is connected to office computer

My problem is i have a VPN connection to my office from my home office that stops working right when using ultravnc.

i have a p4 xp sp2 machine. I make a VPN connecetion from home it works fine

then i use ultraVNC Build 1.0.1 I connect to my office machine it either drops as

soon as it connects or it works for 1 or 2 commands then perfomance slows to a

3 to 5 minute delay from time you use keyboard or mouse till the time it take

effect or stops responding .If network admin at work uses VNC to my home

machine then to work machine it will work . when he disconnects from my home

machine my home machine connection is same as before not responding or

super slow and then stops responding even if i close all connections and connect

again. any help would be great thanx

Re: ultra vnc drops connection when vpn is connected to office computer

i have seen this issue with VNC before. while i cant lead you to a fix, i can tell you how to identify the problem that i had in my case....

if you were to etherape/ethereal/wireshark the connections from the client to the server and vice versa, you will start to notice there are a butt load of checksum fails and mismatches...

if you use a strict client like Checkpoint SecureRemote, then the connection will drop immedantly. the packet reassembly monitor will halt when the packets dont come thru correctly, even once... other VPN solutions may not be as strict with their packet reassembly rules, but this will still cause the connection to either be dropped or suffer significantly...

and that is what made my connection suck.

have you tried RealVNC? i am using VNC viewer 4.1.2 and have not experienced these problems since upgrading.

what version are you using? is there a more current release?
    http://www.realvnc.com
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
    X