This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compacting files with Iexpress

Someone in a programming forum has brought to my attention the very useful Iexpress package supplied with Widows XP etc enabling you to compact a number of files into a single EXE file for distribution or running online. The latter assuming of course you can assure visitors to your site that it is free of any virus. Two examples can be found below. My system is always protected by an up to date Norton Internet antivirus.

Unfortunately for some strange reason MS never has the sense to mention Iexpress in the Windows Help file. I was wondering if anyone knows of a MS site providing details of any more of these mysterious packages provided with Windows and their uses.

** Links Removed **
    Last edited by m80arm; 15th October 2007, 08:56.

Re: Compacting files with Iexpress

GordonSweet,

I've removed the links as we cannot verify what they are. If you can provide info as to what they are they you can edit the thread and post them back up.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

The first of the links below is an automatic menu of a few old games upgraded to work with BBC Basic for Windows, and the second is a Photo Presentation running a perfectly legal MID file ain the background. Although the latter can alse use MP3, WMA or WAV music files I have avoided uploaded one because of copyrights. I undsatnd the thousands of MID files that can be downloaded are strangely not covered by any copyrights. These two files have been compacted to include all the games or photos to run online of download useing the Iexpress supplied with Windows XP etc.

In case you are not aware BBC Basic was developed for the UK BBC computer in the early 80s in conjuction with the BBC being ideal for schools involving structured programming. Many of these early programs along with new ones can be compiled now to run under Windows.

The last link is to my site where many more programs can be freely downloaded or run online including the code and descriptions of various BASICS. I can asuure these wary of downloading that my system is always monitored by an up to date Nortom Internet Antivirus.

** Links Removed **
      Last edited by m80arm; 15th October 2007, 13:38.

Comment

GordonSweet,

I still fail to see the point these games have in this forum.

I'm removing the links and locking the thread and this will be discussed between the Mods. If I'm wrong them it will be re-opened.

Nothing agaist you.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X