Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid

Hello everyone again ,
    I have a question i dont know if this is the apropriate part of the forum where i should ask this but if its not here or this forum doenst have a special area for this please remove it or delete it .

So here it goes :
    I have a 2003 server for backup other computers information (Acronis software).
    IT works like this a 300 GB HDD standalone for the system and other 4x300 GB HDD used like 2 HDD in RAID mode.
    A week ago one of the HDD of one of the array got damaged and now i received a new one(exactly the same type).
    The question is what are exactly the steps that i have to do when i put it back so it wont delete the other HDD(The one with information on it and).
    Thank you very much , i hope i expressed my problem well

P.s.: Or if you know a HDD RAID forum .

Re: Raid

I've moved this to the misc forum. More appropriate than 'General Networking'

Are we talking hardware or software raid?
    I take it you have them set-up as mirrored?

You should be able to just fit the new HD and it should automatically start replicating the data from it's partner

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

It is a fly spray made in Australia. Hope that helps.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

well to be honest i quite dont understand : fly spray made in Australia
        Can u elaborate more ?
        Thank you

Comment

Your topic just said RAID. The word by itself means absolutely nothing, just like my answer (except RAID is a fly spray that is sold in Australia).

You topic title should have read something like this or similar "How do I replace a damaged HDD in a RAID?" or "How do I replace a damaged HDD in a software RAID?" or "How do I replace a damaged HDD in a hardware RAID?"

An appropriate title would give people browsing the forums an idea what your problem is. Will get lots more answers than just putting a one word non descriptive title.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks biggles , i will be more carefull about this in the future .
            Thank you.

Comment

I thought perhaps the police were knocking down the door!
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I succeded it was so simple , its all in the Intel Storage Matrix software .
                Easy as a cake
                Last edited by bnoyzf24; 4th October 2007, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                X