Lenovo T60 Frezing durning boot up after login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo T60 Frezing durning boot up after login

I've got a batch of T60's that keep freezing up after you log in but before they get to desk top. It's random and intermittent.
    But generally it's every 3rd to 5th startup, and usually takes 2 to 3 reboots to get back on track.

Re: Lenovo T60 Frezing durning boot up after login

it would help to have a little bit more information that what you have provided...

are the laptops domain members or workstations?

do the laptops have a) VPN software or b) AV software installed? like do you have a Trend AV server that likes to update at logon?

besides the model, are there any similarities between the laptops in question, like software packages, configuration settings, etc, etc...

do you have NAC enabled on your network?

do you have WAPs in your org?

help us help you.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Hi James
      IBM Lenovo looks very attractive and they are charging good $ for it but I found very serious problems with those toys when you use them with XP. I was facing problems during startup and shut down. I reduced those problem (have not able to overcome yet ) by defraging my hard disk. Try to use chkdsk too. I am not sure why but lenovo hard disk creates bad sectors by itself. So after running defrag and chkdsk now my laptop is working OK but not very good. I still recieve errors while booting or shuting my system but they are not frequent as they were before defraging and scan disk
      Cheers

Comment

really? i have quite a few lenovo pads around here, and im really happy with them. Z60m's to be specific, but we have T60s also.

they arent the fastest machines, but then again they arent alienware either.

thanks for the tip... ill keep it in mind if i should have a problem with one of my quiver.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueactor View Post
          I've got a batch of T60's that keep freezing up after you log in but before they get to desk top. It's random and intermittent.
          But generally it's every 3rd to 5th startup, and usually takes 2 to 3 reboots to get back on track.
          This could be any number of reasons.

Have you discounted any hardware issues?? Have you tested your hardware thoroughly?? Try using Memtest and the HDD drive manufacturers diagnostics. I can't remember if IBM have any onboard diags.

What about your software, network setup etc, etc, etc, etc.

I'm presuming you have a standard operating enviornment in your place. If you do then try doing a complete install of just the OS and join it to your domain and see what happens.

You may find you have a bad batch of laptops, not immposible.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
            I can't remember if IBM have any onboard diags.
            Just to refresh Wullie's jet lagged memory, IBM/Lenovo have PC Doctor installed. I also believe it is available as a download from their site.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Just to refresh Wullie's jet lagged memory, IBM/Lenovo have PC Doctor installed. I also believe it is available as a download from their site.
              Cheers Chris.

Comment

No worries mate.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X