Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2000 or 2003 Training Checklist

Hello,

I am currently in the process of trying to advance myself within my corporation. I have the oppurtunity to train or shadow with the Server Team. However the manager of that team would like for me to come up with a Training Checklist. I have been searching all over the internet for one but I am having a hard time finding one. Can someone assist me or give me a Windows 2000 or 2003 Server Training Checklist that I can use?

Thank you

Re: Windows Server 2000 or 2003 Training Checklist

Surely the value of such a list would be in the building of it? You would learn what areas you need to study by building the list yourself...? Hence he has asked you to "come up with" a training checklist... not bum someone else's!!!

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I would agree completely with (the other) Tom on building the list yourself. However if you want a starting point, you could try the exam objectives for the Server 2003 exam (70-290)

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you Ossian for not being sarcastic like the person before you. I already have loads of hands on experience via school and past jobs but I need this checklist for a oppurtunity to actually join the server team. Thanks for the link. All I need to do is create a spread sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by bz03m3 View Post
          Thank you Ossian for not being sarcastic like the person before you. I already have loads of hands on experience via school and past jobs but I need this checklist for a oppurtunity to actually join the server team. Thanks for the link. All I need to do is create a spread sheet.
          I just need to clarify - I was not being sarcastic I was being absolutely deadly serious.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

and indeed when I read Tom's post (# 2) I thought he had a valid point worth treating with consideration.
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.
            MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Added for EVERYONE reading and/or posting in these forums.

Since this is a World Wide available site, not everbody speaks the same version of English. A word in one country can mean something quite different in another even though it is the exact same word. The meanings can aso change depending on the context in which the word is used.

So, PLEASE do not assume someone is being sarcastic or patronising or rude (unless it is me posting an answer) because you may just be misunderstanding what they are saying or trying to say.

Thank you.

No replies necessary to this post.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by bz03m3 View Post
                Thank you Ossian for not being sarcastic like the person before you.
                Actually, Stonelaughter was NOT being sarcastic -- he gave you some valuable advice and I totally agree with what he said. Thats wht I made it clear the Microsoft link was a starting point, not an end in itself.

I would recommend that you flesh out the items and use your "hands on experience and past jobs" to build out a much more detailed list. if you just take the MS link and turn it into your own spreadsheet, you will be spotted quicker than you can say "Paper MCSE"
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think you might find this useful too: Daniel Petri's Interview Questions (part 1) - there's a link to part 2 on that page also.

This is not meant to be a definitive list, rather I think it would be useful to "test yourself" and see if there are any gaping omissions that you can learn about, so it'll be good to give your approach another level of depth.
                  Best wishes,
                  PaulH.
                  MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Thank you all for your response. Sorry I may have missed understood the previous post. Again I thank all of you for your responses. Its much needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X