Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technet Plus Subscription - info and discount

I am interested in getting a technet plus subscription,

Can anyone confirm if the versions of software are time limited? EG Eval versions which run out after 120 days or so? Or are they full versions licensed to a single home user?

Do you get access to all software? Like the action pack which includes SQL, virtual server etc?

I work in the industry and I want to setup a home network with all the bells and whistles.. so I can test/evaluate etc

also if your in Australia theres a 40% discount off the technet subscriptions at the moment using the promotion code: PRTNPD07

The no media pack (I think its called direct) is $307 (Aussie dollars) using that promo code.

Re: Technet Plus Subscription - info and discount

If only I lived in Australia (On the bright side I would'nt have to live in the same country as biggles )

Anyways - Here is the info about technet plus:

A 12 month TechNet Plus Direct subscription includes:

* Full-version Microsoft software licensed for evaluation purposes
    * Select Microsoft beta software releases
    * Subscriber Downloads
    * Complete Microsoft Knowledge Base
    * Service packs, security updates, drivers, and utilities
    * All the Microsoft Resource Kits
    * Product facts, product overviews, and tips and techniques
    * Evaluation and reviewer’s guides
    * Microsoft Seminar Online CDs and technical training material
    * Deployment guides, white papers, case studies, and much more

Note: All subscription content is delivered through online Subscriber Downloads.

A single user license allows a single user to access TechNet Library, evaluation software, support incidents and online benefits.
    Direct version is download only i.e. you dont get the DVD's but it's cheaper. Software is time bomb free so it doesn't expire

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      If only I lived in Australia (On the bright side I would'nt have to live in the same country as biggles )

Michael
      Wullie, he is insulting your new home. Go an introduce your forehead to his before you leave.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Wullie, he is insulting your new home. Go an introduce your forehead to his before you leave.
        Hee hee hee

Back to the offer though i hope it's stilll on when i get there. $307 isn't alot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          $307 isn't alot of money.
          That is a lot of money here. I have to work for an hour and a half to get that!!!

I had purchased a MAPS subscription. It now seems that MS are going to require the MAPS holder to sit a "qualifying type" of exam if you renew or are a new subscriber. The TechNet option is looking more attractive especially as MAPS cost AUD$699 or US$573 at present exchange rates. Way out of proportion to the MAPS cost in the US.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            It now seems that MS are going to require the MAPS holder to sit a "qualifying type" of exam if you renew or are a new subscriber.
            Do you have a source for this?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

https://partner.microsoft.com/40044196

http://www.crn.com/software/201201924
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

A new online-training and assessment requirement will go into effect 30 November 2007. New and renewing subscribers will be required to take any Microsoft E-Learning course and then pass its associated assessment with a minimum score of 70 per cent. To continue receiving your Microsoft Action Pack Subscription, you will be required to pass an assessment every two years.
                This seems to be a way of selling elearning courses!
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X