Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcserve request another media

Hi,

i've arcserve 11.5 SP3(build 4402) and i've tape LTO HP 200/400GB my problem is that i only backup 150GB total and he ask me to insert another media.
    the job option is overwrite media both options.
    Why is that?
    Thx
    Attached Files

Re: Arcserve request another media

Could it be that you are using LTO1 100/200GB tapes?
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

no it's LTO2.

Comment

Does Arcserve recognize the tape as the correct type with the correct capacity? Why don't you insert additional media and let the job finish. Then you can look at the amount of data that's actually backed up and look at the compression ratio to see what's happening. Maybe there is more than 150GB that is being backed up. You could also try erasing the media before the backup job starts and see if that fixes it.
        Last edited by joeqwerty; 24th August 2007, 01:22.

Comment

What exactly is the issue that disturbs you? That the backup stops after 150GB' instead of 200? Or that it does not overwrites the media?
          How do you know that there is only 150GB of data written before it stops?
          Are you aware of the fact that a backup job cannot overwrite the same tape it began to write data on? It has to continue on another tape....

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X