URL not displaying correctly with 'www' included

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL not displaying correctly with 'www' included

I found a similar topic to my question on these forums, although it wasn't the same situation, so I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I am creating a website for a friend. The site was previously hosted by the same company who registered the domain, NetworkSolutions.com. When I took over, I moved the site to a hosting company I had used in the past, Anumina.com

Via Networksolutions website I edited the DNS settings to reflect the new host.

However now, I can see my remodeled site when going to 'example.com' (name changed obviously). The files I'm hosting on Anumina are displayed. But when I type 'www.example.com' the site is still showing as the old design on networksolutions.

I've pinged the sites and both get the same resulting IP. It's been now about 48 hours since I changed the domain to point to my new DNS address.

My basic question is whether my hosting company or domain registar is responsible for fixing this. Or is there something that I can do to automatically fix it on my end.

Let me know if you need more details and thanks in advance.

Re: URL not displaying correctly with 'www' included

Also, I'm by no means a professional at this, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Comment

This all points to an issue with DNS.

What are the records like whe you do an NSLookup on the domain name??

Comment

Have you cleared the cache in IE?
        Is there a proxy server caching the old site?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

There shouldn't be a server caching the old site. But I'll check with the old owner.

When I do an NSlookup it only shows the leapsofaith.com for the canonical name .

So do I take that up with the new host? I assume they have to redirect both names?

Comment

Both URLs, http://www.leapsofaith.com/ and http://leapsofaith.com/ give me the same site. As has been suggested, clear the cache in IE on the machine that YOU are using.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X