Windows XP Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Questions

1) If I rollback to a Restore Point prior to a problem (about 2 1/2 weeks ago), what will happen to any s/w added after that restore Point (e.g. Windows updates/patches, MS Office SP3, 3rd party software)?

2) If I use the "repair" option on Win XP CD, will this function overwrite any Windows s/w that may have been subesquently updated via patches?

Re: Windows XP Questions

Originally posted by Menachem
    1) If I rollback to a Restore Point prior to a problem (about 2 1/2 weeks ago), what will happen to any s/w added after that restore Point (e.g. Windows updates/patches, MS Office SP3, 3rd party software)?
    That depends on whether or not the software installer (Windows installer, InstallShield, etc.) supports system restore. As a general rule you should suspect that it might remove something especially if it was installed with the Windows installer. Worst case is that you'll need to reinstall something, which isn't that big of deal, imo.

Originally posted by Menachem
    2) If I use the "repair" option on Win XP CD, will this function overwrite any Windows s/w that may have been subesquently updated via patches?
    It won't overwrite any software. It only replaces files belonging to the OS.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X