Registry Cleaners

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Cleaners

Are they really needed

Re: Registry Cleaners

It's a matter of opinion. In MY opinion, no they're not. If your system's performance is poor and you think it's due to too many installs/removes and to general wear on the operating system, then rebuild it and start installing apps again - there's really no substitute for it.

If that "Registry Cleaner" is really a trojan, or if it mis-identifies an orphaned registry key and instead deletes something essential, you're screwed and may lose a lot of data.

In my view - trust your instincts. If you have to ask "do I really need this?" then you don't.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Registry Cleaners

I agree with Tom, its one of those things that you usually never need, if you are having issues, reinstall. But I have used them recently. Only the one within C Cleaner. YMMV
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan