• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORM_VB.CQE bugging !

Hi we have on our network TrendMicro v8
    and we have the WORM_VB.CQE + ctfmon +autorun.inf
    trend all the time finds it and delete it , but it keeps coming back
    my guess is that one of our machines has disabled the TM .
    the problam is the our file server all the time is infected with it .
    its our public folder
    any idead ???

thanks

Re: WORM_VB.CQE bugging !

Think it might be hiding in System Restore. Turn off System Restore, boot into Safe mode, delete TEMP, TMP etc file, empty Temporary Internet Files, scan, delete the virus, normal boot, Turn on System Restore. Do this to EVERY machine on the network. Oh yes, make sure you disconnect the blue cable until every machine has been cleaned.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Even though it finds the infected file and deletes it it's not deleting the source.

Go to Trend's website and check for any manual cleaning that you need to do.

*****EDIT*****

I'll do a googel check for you and guess what!!!!!!!

The 3rd entry points to an english site by Trend that give removal instructions for the same said virus.

If i can find the link in less than 30 secs so can you

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...VB.CQE&VSect=T
      Last edited by wullieb1; 5th July 2007, 16:43.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Think it might be hiding in System Restore. Turn off System Restore, boot into Safe mode, delete TEMP, TMP etc file, empty Temporary Internet Files, scan, delete the virus, normal boot, Turn on System Restore. Do this to EVERY machine on the network. Oh yes, make sure you disconnect the blue cable until every machine has been cleaned.
        "blue"? is that an industry standard in AU?
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
          "blue"? is that an industry standard in AU?
          If he would cut the red wire, it would blow everything up

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Blue is fairly standard in OZ (along with white & black, some green and yellow)

I think the Vulcan needs a mind meld with a 240V line. If you cut the red wire it means you do NOT cross over to the other side. (Little pun there for you Sorin )
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

In this part of the BluePlanet, to CROSS to the other side one should use the blue wire with red endings ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Sorry tulik23, again.

That is interesting Sorin. Our Crossover (null hub) cables are all red. Makes them real easy to identify. I would have thought it be a bit harder looking for a red end in a busy MDF.

I though cabling colouring was pretty much standard worldwide. Wrong again I guess.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X