• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero backitup

All of you,

Hi,

Did any 1 mess with Nero backitup ?

Trying to restore a backup job popup a message about the cd lable that is incorrect eventhough Im trying to restore it from the cd to a new location on hdd.
    crocus

Re: Nero backitup

What about posting that error message? And some more info... Like what OS and what Nero version you're using...
    For the moment, I don't know even where to start to look for solutions...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Sory,

Attached 3 steps, hope will clear it out.

Nero backitup ver. 1.2.0.61 on a fully updated xp pro sp2.
      Attached Files
      crocus

Comment

As it can be seen from the screenshots you sent, WindowsExplorer does not recognize the name of the CD you inserted. At least, not as it should be.
        Nero looks for a CD called 1_amikam (the name is in Hebrew, I transliterated it into English), but founds in the CD drive something else. Very, very strange.
        Are you restoring from the same computer and the same XP installation from which the backup was taken?
        I fear that the problem lays in the name containing Hebrew characters...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Strange,

I'm attaching another pic from a different cd with a clear English label.
          It happens on both the original pc and none.
          I'm starting the restore by double click on the file which locate on the cd so it is the source.
          Attached Files
          crocus

Comment

Doh !!
            And still, the software asks for a specific VolumeName, that is not the same with the one presented in the CD drive. Awkward and spooky!
            I'll run some test here, hope to find something usefull. I'll keep you posted.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
            X