Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUS Help - Unable to uninstall

Hey guys,

I need soem help here. I was playing around with WSUS and made a few mistakes. I wanted to uninstall and reinstall everything.

I uninstalled WSUS and the setup finished. I didnt look closely though but I assumed it was successful b/c it was gone from add/remove programs. I then removed the internal database and net framework bc I wanted to do a fresh install of everything.

I then realized that WSUS was not successfully removed. When I tried to remove it from the setup.exe file in program files/update service/.., I get the following error;

Setup not completed

The windows server update service 3.0 was not removed successfully because an error occured.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can remove and reinstall this? I also cannot install it over itself b/c the install executable only gives the option to uninstall, which fails.

I can't think of anything else except manually removing all of the files and entries in regedit, which is not what I want to do b/c it might crash the entire system

ANy help would be appreciated

thx

Re: WSUS Help - Unable to uninstall

hello DDZC,
    First disable for WSUS in IIS admin console. After stoping site for WSUS you would be able to uninstall it.

Comment

Why is this in the Active Directory Section?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsen View Post
        Why is this in the Active Directory Section?
        Good point. Moved to Mics Forum.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the response Ahmer

I stopped and disabled the "update services" service. I also uninstalled IIS so nothing is running and it still won't uninstall. i tried to boot in to safemode and uninstall, no luck. Any other ideas? The only other thing I can think of is removing all of the files and deleting anything with "wsus" in the registry...
          Last edited by ddzc; 11th June 2007, 15:13.

Comment

Working...
          X