Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for assistance on a project

Hi, folks.

To site admins - apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum or if this breaks site etiquette - please amend as you see fit and let me know if I have breached rules.

I am looking for someone to help out on a project in the South of France for 5 - 7 days from 11 June.

I would like to have someone who is good at pulling cables, and who can then help with a wifi installation and a small business server set up, replacing an old w2k server. (basic IT, overseen by me)

It would suit someone young and enthusiastic (a junior IT guy), or old and enthusiastic (however, as it's cable pulling, the pay is not "IT Expert" rate...

If you think you would be interested, or have junior employee you could send on secondment for a week, please let me know. It would be a terrific experience for someone at the start of their IT career.

All expenses (travel, hotel, meals) will be paid, with a daily rate. Equipment and tools will be provided on site.

You WILL have to be able to invoice me with a correct company invoice, you would be working as a sub-contractor.

Please PM me ASAP if you might be interested.

Many thanks,

Neil Mac
    Neil Mac

Re: Looking for assistance on a project

Neil, this is being discussed in the mod forum at the moment....

Note to all readers:
    Any business arrangement resulting from the above post is purely between the original poster and yourself. Neither this board nor any member of staff will accept any liability or responsibility for such arrangements.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, Tom.

Many thanks.

I understand your advisory to posters, and I very much appreciate you allowing my post to stay up.

Tom, I'm more than happy to forward you the project documents, location, customer and my company details to you for approval. I would hope that some readers aren't interpreting your disclaimer as a warning against replying to me.

For those that are interested in replying, you will be sub-contracting to a fully legal Spanish company (mine) to help complete a navigation and IT installation on board a multi million dollar private yacht in the South of France.

All expenses will be paid up front, including flights and hotels, all expenses will be met on site, and on the last day, payment for all hours worked will be arranged, you will not be asked to commit anything financially.

Many thanks,
      Last edited by neilmac; 30th May 2007, 22:14.
      Neil Mac

Comment

I am free for those days. Shall I pickup my ticket at Melbourne airport???

Winter here now so a job in the warm would be excellent.
        Oh yes, I don't get seasick either (the job will need to be tested under operating conditions, 24 hour burn-in time. ).
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I would be tempted myself except I'm already booked that week

The disclaimer is not intended to be a put off in any way....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The yacht makes it all the more tempting. I think I'm closer than Tom but, I too, am booked.

Depending on what the cable pull entails (yacht's are cramped spaces compared to an office building), you may want to approach a local electrician trade school and see if they have a job board.

I find most IT folks can handle cable trays and terminate connections but using a fish tape in tight quarters and doing a first rate wall plate job in something other than drywall...
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks guys.

The space isn't so tight when the yacht is 100m long and we're installing WiFi on the Jacuzzi deck, just below the old helipad that got turned into a disco and sun deck.

I now have someone, so thanks to everyone for the interest.

-Neil
              Neil Mac

Comment

Originally posted by neilmac View Post
                Thanks guys.

-Neil
                OK -- topic closed

Remember to post the photos afterwards so we can see what we're missing!
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  OK -- topic closed

Remember to post the photos afterwards so we can see what we're missing!
                  And we're only interested in the cabling if it is sunning itself on the Jacuzzi deck
                  Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by neilmac View Post

-Neil
                    Excellent, what name did you leave my tickets under.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X