Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File System Tree Program

Hi everyone.

I saw a program that gives you a report of all the folders and how much disk space that is used by the local machine and shared/network drives. Does anyone know the name of this program? Its on the tip of my tounge, i just cant think of it.

Cheers,
    Matt

Re: File System Tree Program

Maybe Treesize or WinDirStat
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Or is it DIRUSE that comes w/ the Windows Resource Kit?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        They werent the ones i was looking for but its very similar. Thanks!

Comment

I'm using Disktective. 422kb standalone EXE file, the results it gives are great for me. It lacks a bit on the reporting side (it has some options, but I would like some more). And you can only scan one volume at a time, including mapped networked shares.
          Last edited by sorinso; 22nd May 2007, 06:39. Reason: added details ...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
          In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -
          «««««

Comment

Spacemonger is also quiet good, gives you an overhead view showing boxes sized differently depending on how much space is being used.

The old 1.4 is freeware the new 2.x is payware I believe

Helped us recover a couple of gig on a server that was all the old av updates

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys. Through lots of searching i found it. TreeSize Professional

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

Comment

Please note that TreeSize Professional is NOT free but there is a trial version available though from my quick read I didn't see what it's life time was.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  Please note that TreeSize Professional is NOT free but there is a trial version available though from my quick read I didn't see what it's life time was.

Forgot to mention that...i used the trial then decided i am going to purchase the full version.

Comment

When I was in college 15 years ago I used XTree Gold for DOS. Still have it although it's worthess on modern systems. It doesn't recognize drive volumes larger than some ridiculously low number like 1GB.

Like many things we have trouble letting go of, looks like they have a fan site: http://www.xtreefanpage.org/
                    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
                    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
                    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Even I remember that and symphony word processor

Michael
                      Michael Armstrong
                      www.m80arm.co.uk
                      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

even further. How about XTree (not the Gold version). It was about 43K, yellow font and similar to the later Gold version. And then there was Norton Commander, don't scoff young'uns, this was done by the actual Peter Norton and not the saboteurs of Chinese computers.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Wow! Norton... I still have on the shelf in the office the Commands Handbook for Norton Utilities. No, I cannot help you, it's in Hebrew

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                          In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                          -
                          «««««

Comment

Working...
                          X