No announcement yet.

Citrix Presentation Server 4.5

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citrix Presentation Server 4.5

I've just finished a week long training course on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and I have to admit, I was extremely impressed with it.

The likes of Application Streaming and the Isolation Environment were really cool features. The thought of a user launching an application on a presentation server which then streams the application to the users desktop (If there using the agent) if not then the application is streamed to the presentation server and is launched on there in it's own isolation environment. Once the user closes the application it's removed from the presentation server. There's even offline applications. Imagine connecting to a presentation server via a laptop, streaming an application from a fileserver to your laptop via the Presentation server, disconnecting from the presentation server and still being able to access your apps - amazing.

Anyone have any real life experience with PS4 and how these technologies act in real life?

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Citrix Presentation Server 4.5

Can't speak to the streaming stuff but the AIE in PS4 didn't work very well. It's one of those things that sound good on paper and in books but put to practical use it was too buggy or crashed. In PS4 it was version 1.0. Best to stay away from it if Citrix didn't improve things in PS4.5 AIE. I guess if you have a small farm go ahead and try it; tinker with it, but I wouldn't implement a large farm with AIE. There also some other gadgets in PS4.0 that tales from the trenches say to stay away from such as the memory tuning thingy.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.