Mice Cable Length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice Cable Length

I have been using a wireless mouse but , since it has started to "wander" erratically , I'm thinking of returning to a regular wired mouse.

However , due to the restrictions on my desk area , I would prefer a mouse with a somewhat longer lead than the normal length which comes with standard mice .

Is it possible to buy extension cables for these or to buy a mouse which has a longer than average cable.
    /

Re: Mice Cable Length

Erratically wandering wireless mouse can be caused by another wireless mouse on the same frequency. If you have a good mouse you will have a couple of different frequencies it will work on. Try selecting another frequency (if you have that option).

Yes, you can purchase PS/2 and USB extension cables for a corded mouse. I would suggest taping them together so they don't come apart at the join AND labelling the cables mouse and keyboard.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

[QUOTE=biggles77;68764]Erratically wandering wireless mouse can be caused by another wireless mouse on the same frequency. ]

Thanks for the reply.

I have only one wireless mouse but I have a Logitec Wireless Keyboard in operation also. Both operate from the same "dongle" which is plugged into a USB port.

Could these two interfere with one another do you think ?

Also , due to the fact that the wireless peripherals don't work when I use BootIt to form Image files - ( this moves the PC out of Windows into a form of DOS ) - I also have a PS/2 mouse and corded keyboard always plugged into the PC .

I wonder whether that could be causing a problem ?

I'll disconnect these and see if that changes anything .

Comment

I also find that erratic optical cordless mice are caused by a poor mousing surface; you need to spend a good amount on a quality mouse mat. Also, mobile phones interfere with them; I've had my mouse click "start...shutdown" before now when an SMS message came in!!

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Ah yes, the dreaded SMS Mouse Virus.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X