SPYWARE traffic-acc.com HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPYWARE traffic-acc.com HELP

traffic-acc.com uses my server to send spam. I installed network monitor and I noticed that they send hundreds of email every couple of minutes. I've been being
    blacklisted since last week. Symantec say to remove the spyware all I have to is to run deep scaning what I have been doing every day since last week. That's the information the network monitor found

Does anyone now how to remove it?

Regards,

Re: SPYWARE traffic-acc.com HELP

The triple whammy:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15164
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15165
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15166

Do expect an N week ban for the triple post.

Read the rules next time.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I'd consider ridding your machine(s) of spyware the easy part.

The harder part will be to get yourself off the blacklists.

And no, Daniel will not be pleased with a triple post. He's firm with his rules. I heard he once banned his daughter because she came here asking for help on Microsoft Bob. Apparently her dad installs it on all the PCs throughout the household as the preferred operating system.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Firstly it was really silly triple posting your problem.
        Secondly you gave us no information to work with except a screen shot from IE7. No mention of what server type(s) you are running.

As a result, the other 2 threads have been closed and this one has been moved to the Misc Forum. Others may contribute (but without any input from you for the next 2 weeks, that may be pointless) and you may be able to read it. When or if you return, please read the rule that were available for reading when you first joined so measures like this will be avoided in te fuure. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We have all been the victim of such attacks and there are free removal tools readily available for download which are very effective. I run 2 such tools and although their functionality overlaps, one will ocassionally find an "intruder" that the other misses and vice versa. I don't wish to incur the wrath of our moderator by mentioning names but I'm sure a search will reveal such gems.

Good luck.

Comment

Keith, mentioning the name is not a problem. A problem may arise when including a link to the name product. In the past we have found some links were posted and the member posting benefited from the sale of the tool that was linked.

So feel free to post the product name and it can be Googled from there. If you have any questions you may want to clarify offline before posting, please feel free to PM me about it. (I think that makes sense)
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Keith, mentioning the name is not a problem. A problem may arise when including a link to the name product. In the past we have found some links were posted and the member posting benefited from the sale of the tool that was linked.

So feel free to post the product name and it can be Googled from there. If you have any questions you may want to clarify offline before posting, please feel free to PM me about it. (I think that makes sense)
              -----------

Thank you Biggles77 for the clarification. The two main tools that I run are Lavasoft's Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. Both have free versions available for download.

Grisoft also provides a free spyware removal tool under their AVG banner. I use the Professional version of their antivirus software but I understand their ďfree for private useĒ version uses the same AV tables. I ocassionally run AVG anti spy ware.

Iím not superstitious but Iím touching wood as I type that I have had no virus problems and little spyware intrusion using the abovementioned ensemble of tools.

Keith L.

Comment

If this is a commercial setup please be careful you're not infringing Lavasoft's, GriSoft's and Spybot's licencing conditions by using their "free" software. As far as I know, these versions are not in any way licenced for commercial use, or for use on a commercially owned computer.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
                X