Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is meant by virtual server

hi to everybody

what is meant by virtual server, how to configure it, i have one windows 2k3 server, using this environment is it possible to do it

bye

Re: what is meant by virtual server

Virtual Server is a way for you to have one physical machine pretend to be several machines. For instance, with one machine running XP Pro as its main OS, you could install VMWare or Virtual PC, and set up "Virtual Machines" inside it - one running XP Pro, one running Windows Server 2003, one running Linux... the possibilities are endless. All these PCs can use your "physical" network to access the internet and each other... so you can set up a domain for studying towards your MCSE or you can set up a server to host applications on your corporate network.

The rest of your question is unclear so I'll stop there.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

hi

i have installed virtual pc, & i installed windows xp on it. i also assigned one ip address, if ping from virtual pc to pc is possible, but viceversa is not possible, is it possible r not?

regards

Comment

yes is possible

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Kishorilal2k1, in most of your posts, you do not supply sufficient information. In this one you say you can ping one way but not the other. You need to mention IPs of the Host and Virtual devices, what firewall settings are senable and anything else that may affect the your setup. More info please.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X