Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find out system status using event viewer

hi

i have windows 2k3 server which is working for 24 hours, suppose my server restarts unexpectly at night hours, how can i find it using event viewer

Re: how to find out system status using event viewer

You would first of all check for SAVEDUMP logs.

Then you would uncheck the Automatically Restart option when the system crashes.

Comment

Re: how to find out system status using event viewer

Are you interested in knowing if your server rebooted during the night (or any other time)? Or to know WHY?
      To know if your server booted, there are few ways:
      - while logged on, run uptime.exe, it will give you the time since the last boot;
      - use BgInfo to display the last boot time, even without logging in (choose the "Display at logon" option);
      - you can look in the Event Viewer of the server (available also from remote, by script or by using the "Action -> Connect to another computer" option), under System, for events from Source=EventLog, EventID= 6009 and/or EventID=6005. These events appear at the startup of the server ( you might not see the 6009, but 6005 will be there). By filtering the Event Viewer -> System to show you the EventID=6005 events, you can see how often your server was started.

Now, to know WHY it rebooted, you can look for entries written in the Event Viewer prior the 6005 event. And analyze the dump file, if there is any.

Hope this info helps. Keep the forum posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X